Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Starting the Journey....Well the DTS on anyway..as a student...

So as many of you know, I have been accepted as a student at Dallas Theological Seminary. I am very excited about this, and can't wait!! I have begun my reading for this new endeavor, and easing my way back into reading. I have never been a good reader, but am excited about what I will be learning. There will be a lot of information, and a lot to discover, but I am continually excited about getting into it!! Right now, I am reading a couple of books, but "Living by the Book" by Howard Hendricks is one of them. This is a great book about how to read the bible well. I, again, am excited about this, because am always looking at ways to encourage my reading of the Word. One quote that got me today was, "That kind of personal ownership of spiritual truth cuts you free from the leash of popular opinion."-Howard Hendricks. Wow!! Cool! I am looking forward to this encouragement, and "stretching" as I grow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment